Monday, September 19, 2011

St. John of the Cross

As is my custom, I've managed to get very sick in the first couple weeks of school.  This means I have been laying in bed reading a lot because the judgmental shows on TLC don't come on until 8ish, and Salt+Light television (Canada's multi-lingual answer to EWTN) is in Korean until like three o'clock.  I just re-re-re-read Story of a Soul for you-know-who's feast day next Saturday, and so I picked up The Collected Works of St. John of the Cross which I had on my bookshelf for a couple of years.

Hold. The. Phone.

This guy.

Ugh, I could KISS HIS FACE.  

I won't go into detail because if you wanted theology you could go read Fr. Longnecker.  So instead, here is a very beautiful painting of St. John of the Cross


Oh, sorry, did I say beautiful, I meant Pedroful.  As in


I'm sorry, I refuse to accept that he looked like a Mexican wrestler.  

No comments:

Post a Comment