Friday, May 21, 2010

Come-To-Jesus Brought to you by Youtube



Who says Perfect love casts out fear? We've got souls to save! And by "save" I mean "spend every waking moment fearing the pain of hell". And they say CATHOLICS have guilt issues.

"where are you going, frank?"
"IM GOING RUNNING IN THE NIGHT MOM! I'VE HAD A BAD DAY AND I JUST NEED TO RUN AND SCREAM FOR A GOOD HOUR AND A HALF AND THEN I'LL FEEL BETTER. MAYBE A LITTLE SHRIEKING AT THE SKY TOO"

Ok, let me get a little touchy-feely-blogerapy up in hurr. I used to be all up in that Way of the Master B.S. "scare them with Hell and they'll run to Jesus and EVERYTHING ELSE IS A FALSE CONVERSION" which to me made a LOT of sense at that time because...well because they scared the Hell out of me! But really, what kind of a conversion is it if someone is attacked and threatened with eternal fire (now, i'm not saying I don't believe in Hell...because I do...I just don't think it should be what we think about more than Heaven...since...you know...focusing on eternal torment leads to fear which leads to retreating which leads to isolation which leads to more fear which leads to anger which leads to a loss of faith which leads to...well...) and then someone says BUT BECOME ONE OF US AND THEN YOU WON'T GO THERE! I remember when I used to be all up on that train I'd spend more time flipping out over if I was "saved" or not, and would "repent and place mah trust in Jeee-zus" like 45 times a day thinking "ok, now i'm good" then 10 minutes later be back where I started. If Christianity is about "gettin' saved" there's very little help about what to do AFTER you've "got saved" and then you spend your time worrying about who's saved and who's not saved ... It seems like a fear planted then immediatly put out is more false then a gradual acceptance and growth over many years. I'm just saying, that if you concentrate on Hell, which I believe is a very real place, and think that Wrath and Hell have more to do with the Gospel than redemtion, love and Heaven...Christianity seems to be the religion of the fearful. But anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment