Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saint Kitch's Liturgical Abuse Extravangaza--Day 6

Ok, I've debated with myself all week if I should put this up or not because you wouldn't BELIEVE the sh!t I've taken over this.
It's...THE U2CHARIST!
(I also would like to call this post "shooting myself in the foot" but I basically don't care.)
I won't single anyone out, but lets just say once anyone finds out I think the U2charist is blasphemous I have to sit through some tirade about people's spirituality or whatever. I get the whole secular-song-with-person-religious-meanings thing, I do that too...but the idea of making the experience of singing u2 in a church, flashing lights, a name mocking a true title, calling attention to the liturgy itself rather than who the liturgy is for...kind of....lets just...hmm...how can I put this?...

When the music, the experience, the idea, the fundraising becomes the object and focus of a liturgy, even accidently or on purpose like in the u2charist you risk being put into my cavilcade (am I using that word correctly? it sounds nice anyway cavilcade cavilcade cavilcade) of abuse of the liturgy.

I wonder if trendy muslims desperate for butts in the seats that have the Mecca-rayna.

OH, and P.S. there is a certain person who owes me a serious muffin basket after not doing the original commentary on a video of theirs I had planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment