Monday, March 15, 2010

What Won't They Slap Something On?

...ok let me walk you through it.
saintjudeshop.com, which is becoming my favourite site quite quickly, offers these...holy balls (i mean that in a few different ways.)

Ok, first: YOU DON'T NEED A SAINT ON EVERYTHING. I KNOW IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T DO IT. Second...I'm not a golfer, but I don't know how much inspiration St. Anothony of padua, Saint Jude and Saint Patrick will give me.
"Saint Anthony had visions of the infant Jesus....I'm in a sand trap...which is like a giant litter box....which is like a diaper for cats....which go on babies like Baby Jesus THEREFORE St. Anthony shall be my inspiration"

"Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes, he also has a golden plate on his chest with Jesus' picture on it...I, being an old Italian gentleman, have a pace maker which is kind of ismilar a little THEREFORE St. Jude shall be my inspiration!"

"Saint Patrick brought Christianity to the Irish without a single drop of martyr's blood! I am surrounded by rich Protestants here in golftown usa, THEREFORE, like Saint Patrick, I must convert them, however UNLIKE Saint Patrick, I shall do so by smacking balls at them."

1 comment:

  1. St Anthony helps you find your ball in the gorse, the rough, or the woods.
    St. Jude prays for the impossible cause of improving your score, or fixing that horrible slice.
    And the Irish invented golf, didn't they? Or was that the Scots? Is there a difference? :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete